RNMU continues to seek avenues of offering better service to members by ensuring that staff members and staff alike continuously improve their skills and knowledge. It is in this regard that through the existing partnership with NNO, RNMU communication department, office administrators and provincial coordinators participated in a zoom workshop that was organized and facilitated by NNO on strategic communication and the use of social media.
RNMU being a member based institution, communicating to members with clarity and simplicity in a timely manner is central to all the day to day activities hence the need to ensure that the communication department and provincial coordinators are equipped with skills on how to communicate to members more efficiently and effectively.
The workshop was also attended by the communication department and Executive Director of the National Organization of Nurses and Midwives of Malawi (NONM).
The workshop was aimed at
- Assessing our communication goals/targets for 2021 in relation to social media
- Sharing the communication strategies to reach the said goals/targets
- Identifying the success assessment tools such as use of statistics/metrics in terms of reach , likes and engagement
- Sharing the most successful stories on social media platforms
- Discussing about challenges as sister organizations and finding together common solutions.
RNMU and NONM were able to present their existing communication undertakings and practical examples such as use the twitter, Facebook, YouTube, instagram and Facebook
Kristin Iversen, NNO Senior Technical Advisor and the entire NNO Communication Department was happy with the progress so far made by RNMU and NONM, offered key advice on how to improve and bridge the existing gaps within our respective communication undertakings
A follow-up workshop will be held on September 02, 2021 to further equip and empowers RNMU and NONM communication