The training was held at Nyagatare Diplomat Hotel on October 7-8th, 2020
Mr KAMANZI Elie Director of Health, on behalf of Nyagatare District, made a speech for opening the training. He thanked the President of RNMU Mr. Andre Gitembagara and RNMU in general, for the preparation and realization of the training program in favor of Nyagatare District. He thanked all the guests and participants for having arrived on time and that the training has raised ways forward of improving healthcare in Nyagatare district. He promised for a good collaboration between RNMU and Nyagatare District.
Mr. Andre GITEMBAGARA the President of RNMU in his opening speech, he thanked the Nyagatare District administration for the good collaboration with RNMU and continuous support of capacity building to Nurses and Midwives of Nyagatare District in general. He also thanked all nurses and midwives in in Nyagatare District for the increased RNMU membership to 90% showing that Nyagatare has a high number of membership in Rwanda. He explained about the training outcomes of which the main one is to improve the healthcare services in Nyagatare, He emphasized as Leaders to have a further full culture of customer satisfaction in the health care facility represented in front of Nurses/Midwives and our clients in general, on promoting of quality of care.
The topics that were discussed about were as follows
- Health System Structure in Rwanda
- Health facilities Management challenges
- Labor Law and General Statutes for the Public Servant
- Contribution of Trade Unions to address Labor issues
Approach Methodology used for the training:
The training was delivered using mixed methods:
- Instructor method: lecture presentation by the trainers.
- Interactive method and brainstorming
- Questions reception and answering as the training goes on.
The participants of the training were as follows:
- The Human Resource officer / Nyagatare District (1)
- Director of Clinical Services (2)
- Director of Allied Health Services (2)
- Director of Nursing (2)
- Head of Health Centers (20)
- Human Resource officers of the Hospital (Gatunda and Nyagatare) (2)
- RNMU Nyagatare District Executive Bureau Committee chairperson (1)
RNMU is committed to empowering Nurses and Midwives by offering trainings in different fields with professionalism leading.