RNMU believes in providing high quality, ethical, accessible and equitable nursing and midwifery services to all members of the population to enable them live quality lives. Thus while upholding this philosophy RNMU believes that members will receive social and economic justice as reward from they employers.
- To have an empowered nurse and midwife who is motivated to provide high quality service and uphold professional excellence while enjoying quality life vision.
- RNMU is committed to being a vibrant, self-sustaining organization that will protect the Professional image, improve Socio-Economic Welfare, and promote the interests of nurses and midwives through effective representation, capacity building and lead in the delivery of high quality care to the population.
To protect the Professional image, improve Socio-Economic
Welfare, and promote the interests of nurses and midwives
- To scale up skills and competencies of nurses and midwives in service and pre-service to be able to provide high quality care to the population.
- To support in the innovation and technology by encouraging nurses and midwives to conduct research and innovation activities in their profession.
- To Advocate for better socio-economic welfare for nurses and midwives through collective bargaining with employers, by securing improved wages and better conditions of service
- To Promote unity and solidarity among members
- To Provide advice to government and other stakeholders on all issues affecting nursing, midwifery and public health
- To Cooperate and networks with other organizations, nationally, regionally and internationally.
- To initiate and organizes training programs which adequately prepare the RNMU and nursing leadership and members in the practice of various negotiating skills, for resolving employment concerns i.e. grievance procedures, collective bargaining, arbitration and conciliation.
- To Serve as the authoritative voice for nurses, midwives and the nursing profession as a whole in Rwanda.
- To provide legal advice and assistance to members when needed
- To provide socio-economic assistance to members when deemed necessary
- To Undertake research in Nursing and midwifery and others labors related issues.
- To Recruit and unites nurses and midwives into one single organization in order to enable them share their professional, social and economic welfare.
- Dignity & respect
- We uphold and protect the dignity and respect of every person regardless of their age, sex, race, status or religion
- Unity and Solidarity
- We promote partnership and collaborative working which encourages unity and solidarity at all levels
- Transparency and Accountability
- We are open about out work, transparent about our activities, and accountable to each other, our partners and government, as well as to our funders
- Excellence & Professionalism
- All staff, members and volunteers are committed to excellence and professionalism in all they do
- Justice & Democracy
- We speak out for social justice democracy for every human being in the society
- Participation and Ownership
- We uphold every member’s meaningful participation and full ownership of the association’s activities.